Background

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

DO YOU? I DO!......ME TOO!!!!

Four years ago from today, I got a text from Devin telling me, someone was wanting to meet with me to buy my laptop.  So my little sister Jordan and I headed up to the church house by the water tower in Rexburg to meet the buyer.  I was kind of scared to meet a stranger, just because all the horrible stories you hear about people being targeted through craigslist or other similar websites.  Well when we pulled up to the church, the guy waiting looked really familiar.  I got out of the car ready to make my "pro selling boyfriend" proud.  (side note, Devin is a pro at selling anything!  So I was hoping he would be here to make this sell, but he was in class.  So I had to try really hard to make this guy think he could not live without it)  I gave the guy the laptop and let him look at it, and he seemed really interested.  But then he started walking away from me.  All that was going through my head was, "dude! Please don't jack my laptop."  But then he starts telling me about his car, and how great his little car is and wondering if we could do a trade.  I was really confused, and all I kept thinking was I pulled up in a car, I for sure don't need your car.  So he keeps telling me about it and walks me around to the back of his car.  And then his trunk starts to open and I freak out, I was so scared all I could do was stare.  I really thought this guy was going to stuff me in his trunk.  I know I was being dramatic but it was scary! Then I see a man lying in the trunk.  So my odds of being able to fight one guy off is out the window, and I jump back scared to death   And then I see that it is Devin!  I was surprised to see my boyfriend in the trunk of this guys car and really confused.   He gets out of the trunk and gets down on one knee!  I couldn't believe it, I was so surprised! He asked me to marry him and of course I said yes!  I couldn't stop hugging him and crying.  He finally had to just take my hand and put the ring on.  Which again I was surprised by, because I made him pick out the ring on his own.  I didn't even know he had gone ring shopping yet.  It was beautiful, he did an amazing job, and I'm so glad I refused to go ring shopping with him.  I wanted it to be a gift from him that he was able to pick out and choose on his own! I was not expecting a proposal at all that day.  I went from thinking I was going to be killed, to being surprised and overly happy, to crying, to laughing, and then after all so overjoyed that this is the man I get to spend eternity with!  I could not have asked for more!  It was the perfect proposal!  It was so Devin, everything about it screamed him!  That is exactly what I have always wanted for my proposal story, something that came from his heart and something he had taken the time to plan. The ring, let me tell you was incredible.  Every morning when I put it on, it reminds me of the time and care Devin took to go pick out the perfect ring for me!  April 24th will always be one of my favorite days!  Along with August 9th the day we got married, December 7th the day we found out we were Pregnant for the first time, August 20th the day our first little girl was born, October 15th the day we found out we were pregnant for the second time, along with Devin's birthday, and May 26th the day our second little girl was born.  Looking forward to many more memorable dates!!!!  Thanks Devin for making me your wife!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers